Dear K-pop groups, after a long break, Aniventure Comic Con once again invites you to show the audience what you are capable of! Participation is not in the form of competition but rather a huge dance show. K-pop choreographies have become popular among Bulgarian fans and they will gladly welcome you on the stage of this year’s Aniventure Comic Con.
To be allowed to participate there are a few simple requirements. This is what you need to do in order to participate in the K-pop Show of Aniventure Comic Con 2023:
1. The maximum length of your song/mix must not exceed 4 minutes.
2. Each group must have a minimum of 2 members ( no solo performances allowed ) and there is no maximum limit. However, we advise that a group does not have more than 15 members. One person can participate in no more than 2 groups. This means we will not accept applications where a participant is a member of two other groups already. One group can register only once with its original members.
Please note that the final performance order will be prepared with the intention to provide an interesting experience to the audience and double participation will not be taken into account. If you apply with 2 different performances, it is possible that they end up being one after another or with a very short break in between.
3. It is recommended that all groups prepare special outfits for their performance.
4. The multimedia for your stage performance should either be MP3 format with minimum parameters 44 kHz/192 kbps and .jpg image/MP4 file with resolution 1920x1080. It should be sent by 16.06.2023. The same deadline applies for any requirements for lights and other technical specifics our team should know of. No files will be replaced after 23.06.2023.
5. The music for your performance should mostly be K-Pop. Other musical genres are allowed as well but the main song should be K-Pop or a mix of such. As guidelines, use this distribution: 70% K-Pop and 30% other genres.
6. In order to register a group, its representative should send the following information to
- Two names of each participant;
- Link to the Facebook profile and phone number of the group representative;
- Multimedia for the performance;
- Video recording of the dance* – should be sent as a PRIVATE link in Youtube (links to online storage services will not be accepted)
*It is preferable to submit your participation form before the deadline. After that it is possible to additionally send the video recording of the dance. All members of the group should be present in the video of the dance. The recording should not be edited – a performance without interruptions, with the exception of adding clean music on top. The video must be of good enough quality for the dancers’ facial expressions to be visible. The shooting location does not matter, as long as all participants are visible and the music is loud enough to hear. There are also no special requirements on how you should be dressed when doing the video recording ( if you have special performance costumes, you do not need to wear them for the video ). The camera should be placed centrally in front of the group when recording. Please note we also expect the video to emanate feelings. K-Pop is a great form of entertainment and your facial expressions, as well as the feeling your dancing gives out, are important factors when selecting which groups will perform on stage.
7. The groups will be informed up to 5 days after 16.06.2023 if they accepted to participate in the event. The only actual restriction for the number of accepted groups is the allotted time for the K-pop show in the program of Aniventure Comic Con. If the total time of all groups that have registered exceeds the alotted time of the show – only the best groups will be selected to participate.
8. The K-pop show will be held on the second day of the festival – Sunday. All members of the groups will receive a free two day pass.
9. NAKAMA has the right to change these rules without prior announcement. They are published on the site of the event and each participant is obligated to read them. Registering for participation in the K-pop show of Aniventure Comic Con 2023 is a written consent with the rules.
10. By registering for participation in the K-pop show of Aniventure Comic Con 2023, each participant agrees with being recorded and photographed. Those materials can be used by NAKAMA for advertisement purposes.
11. Duplicating songs will not be allowed. If there are two groups that have chosen the same song - only one of the two will be selected to perform. An exception may be made if the duplicate song is in a mix and the snippet is shorter than 30 seconds.
All approved groups from Sofia will have to ensure their availability for dry(general) rehearsal for the K-Pop show on 06.07 (Thursday) from 10:00 to 20:00. To ensure you have as much time as possible on stage (15-20 minutes), the rehearsal order will be prepared and announced ahead of time. Please note that there may be many working participants and not all groups will be able to go through rehearsal after 18:00. The groups from outside of Sofia will have the opportunity to rehearse on Thursday or Sunday morning.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to write to us at