The rules for Aniventure’s most bright and colorful show, the Cosplay contest, are ready! This year we will be able to enjoy some amazing cosplay performance during both days of the festival. We are expecting your sign ups!
Rules for participating in the Cosplay Review
1. Only costumes that haven’t been shown in any other Bulgarian cosplay competitions can participate.
2. The costumes must be based on a licensed character from anime, manga, video game, western movies/series, cartoons or comic books.
3. All participants with a gaming cosplay ( a costume from a game ) will showcase their performance during the first day of the event, which is Saturday. All other cosplayers (other than gaming) will be performing on Sunday. Performing with gaming costume on Sunday is prohibited, so is performing with any other type of costume (than gaming) on Saturday. If your character appears in both an anime/manga/movie etc. and a video game with the same costume, you can choose in which day you want to participate.
4. All signed up participants will go through evaluation, before the actual event, based on the complexity of the costume and stage performance. You will not be able to attend the competition if your cosplay is way too simple – jeans, shirt, neko ears – for example.
5. The cosplay review will be with а limited amount of participants. The gaming review will have up to 80 cosplayers, and the Sunday review again up to 80.
6. All participants will be informed personally if they are accepted to participate or not.
7. You can participate on stage as a solo cosplay ( just yourself ) or with a group of people (two, three or more).
8. Participants can choose if they want to have a performance ( a dance, talking with a microphone, short stage play and so on ) or just walk on the stage, fashion show style.
9. Each participant will have limited time to showcase his/her cosplay. Solo cosplays without any stage performance will have up to 30 seconds. Those who are Solo, but have something prepared, up to 1 minute and 30 seconds. For cosplayers within a group, the time can be discussed with a staff member, but it won’t be any longer than 3 minutes.
10. All cosplayers approved for the cosplay review will get free 2 day passes for Aniventure 2016. The passes will be for 1 person, reserved with his/her name. If a participants have assistants, they will have to buy their own tickets, but note the names of assistants must be sent to the organizers so they are entered in the lists which will allow them access to the backstage area. Cosplayers which weren’t approved for the review can showcase their costume freely within the two days of the event, but they have to buy a ticket.
11. There cannot be any pyrotechnical devices or substances on the stage on Aniventure 2016, as well as sharp swords, knifes or anything similar. The participants cannot throw any objects (balls, shuriken, arrows) at the audience. Club Nakama reserves the right to disqualify any participant from the review if his performance is judged to be harmful to the audience.
12. For the show to have a maximum effect all participants are forbidden from showing their costumes in the halls of the convention prior to the review. Once you enter the dressing room and put your costume/make up participants can not leave until the review is over.
14. Club Nakama reserves the right to change these rules without a notice. The rules are published on our website and all participant must be familiar with them. Signing up for Aniventure 2016 is a written agreement with the rules.
15. Taking pictures/videos in the dressing rooms without the knowledge of staff members is forbidden.
16. Signing up for the cosplay review in Aniventure 2016 confirms the agreement of any participant to be photographed or filmed on video for marketing use by club Nakama.
1. The deadline for registering for Aniventure 2016 cosplay review is the 21st of August 2016.
2. Up until the 21st of August all participants must send a picture of the finished costume. Only finishing touches will be allowed to be done after that. Costumes that are barely started as of the 21st of August will not be permitted to attend the review. Club Nakama will appreciate any participants that sign up earlier than the final date and send pictures of the finished costume later, but not later than the deadline.
1. Aniventure 2016 awards will be given for the following categories, which apply for both cosplay competitions:
- Best Costume – an award for the costume that has the best resemblance to the original costume. What is taken into account here is only how complex and well crafted the costume is, the look of the cosplayer is not. Prizes in this category will be given from the jury as well as the audience.
- Best Resemblance to the Original – an award for best resemblance to the original character. The costume, the look of the cosplayer, and their stage performance are all taken into account here. Prizes in this category will be given from the jury as well as the audience.
- Best of show – This category awards the most charismatic cosplayer which appealed the most to the jury and the audience and gave the best show. This category also has 2 awards: One from the jury and one from the audience.
- Best prop – Award for the best handmade prop, which can be part of the costume, a weapon or other accessories. The evaluation is based on complexity, creativity, and scale of the prop. Only handmade things can participate in this category. The award will be given by a jury.
- Award for participating at Eurocosplay (See pt. 2)
2. One of the participants will have the honor to be the Bulgarian representative at Eurocosplay 2016 which is part MCM Comic Con London. For details on how to apply, please look here. Only cosplayers above 18 years can apply for the event. The Bulgarian representative for Eurocosplay 2016 will be chosen after the cosplay review on Sunday. We recommend the cosplayers from the gaming day (Saturday) to be present on Sunday with their costumes in case the jury has any further questions for them.
3. All participants in the review will have the chance to have a professional photo sessions with the camera crew at the photo corners of Aniventure 2016.
Form for signing up for the Cosplay Review
If you are participating along with other people in a group, the organizer of the group must send one e-mail with information about all other cosplayers.
1. Two Names (First Name, Last Name).
2. Your age.
3. Facebook account (Link towards your Facebook profile).
4. Phone number.
5. City of residence.
6. Name of the anime/manga/movie/video game that you character comes from.
7. Name of the character you want to cosplay.
8. Image of the character you want to cosplay. The size of the picture must be above 1280x1024 pixels, and the character must by him/her self and easily recognizable on the picture. (it is not mandatory to send it when signing up - you can send it at a later point, but not later than the 21st of august).
9. MP3 file with the music that you want to perform to. Other formats will not be accepted, nor are links to Youtube videos or any other similar websites. The file must be of high quality - 256 kbps and 44.1 kHz or higher. (it is not mandatory to send it when signing up - you can send it at a later point, but not later than the 21st of august).
10. Do you wish to participate in Eurocosplay 2016?
11. Pictures of the finished costume. (it is not mandatory to send it when signing up - you can send it at a later point, but not later than the 21st of august)